22 Oktober 2008

Happy Birthday, Bosie!

Heute ist Bosies Geburtstag!
Ein bisschen was geschrieben habe ich weiter unten bei meinem "Gemälde" über ihn, heute gibt es daher eines seiner Gedichte.

In Praise of Shame

Last night unto my bed methought there came
Our lady of strange dreams, and from an urn
She poured live fire, so that mine eyes did burn
At the sight of it. Anon the floating flame
Took many shapes, and one cried: "I am shame
That walks with Love, I am most wise to turn
Cold lips and limbs to fire; therefore discern
And see my loveliness, and praise my name."

And afterwords, in radiant garments dressed
With sound of flutes and laughing of glad lips,
A pomp of all the passions passed along
All the night through; till the white phantom ships
Of dawn sailed in. Whereat I said this song,
"Of all sweet passions Shame is the loveliest."


3 Kommentare:

Tricia Danby hat gesagt…

Buggers ... das hätte ich doch glatt vergessen *schäm*.

Nun gut ...
:) *peinlich lach*

Rowan hat gesagt…

Ich bin sicher, Du hast es eigentlich nicht vergessen. :)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Happy Birthday Bosie :-)